Friday, June 8, 2012

Strawberry Ice Cream






I love ice cream. Double scoops in a wafer cone makes my heart flutter way above the clouds. As its creamy goodness flood my tongue I instinctively smile in glee. My mood even plays a big part in making a falvor choice. When I’m excited I always pick rocky road. When I’m waiting for something or someone I like ube or strawberry.
When I’m sad I so crave for vanilla.
Now what I have made here is a simple, egg-free ice cream. I know that this isn’t exactly an ice cream without the eggs but then again, so what? It tasted really good, creamy and sweet enough. The texture was good too, so what else is there to ask for? Oh that’s right, I want more!


I am currently reading Yumeiro Pattisiere and instantly fell inlove with the main character Ichigo (Japanese for Strawberry) thus the strawberry ice cream.




Strawberry ice cream (quick version)


1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup crushed overripe strawberries
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 In a bowl combine all ingredients. Using a blender process all ingredients until smooth. Pour in an old ice cream tin. Freeze.
2 After 2 hours. Soften misture then process in a blender once more. Put it back in the ice cream tin. Refrigerate.
3 Repeat step 2 twice. Afterwards refrigerate ice cream overnight.
4 Enjoy
In this case I added a chocolate cookie sandwich and candy. I was thinking it would look plain if I didn’t garnish the ice cream. You see just because I’m sad the ice doesn’t need to sad as well. That’s me being considerate and apparently being silly too.


This was originally posted at http://saltforvanilla.wordpress.com. December 17, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment